1. Love your door.
2. Love your floor.
3. Love your bedroom.
4. Love your chair.
5. Love your bed.
6. Love your bookshelf.
7. Commit suicide.
1. Trace the outline of your chin with a shovel.
2. Get a bucket of ice.
3. Paint a train station pink.
4. Paint a hospital black (all of it — black beds; black sheets; black journals; black televisions; black floors; black ceiling-mounted speakers; black wheelchairs; black IV tubes; black windows; black kitchenette; black doors; black lung diseases; black broken ribs and punctured lungs; black hearts; black feet; black eyes; black sores; black bruises; black nurses and doctors; black visitors and patients; black cab drivers and ambulance medics; black bibles; black knives and sharp needles; black hopes; black despair; black cancer; black MS; black alcoholism; black delusions; black depression; black surgery; black ulcers; black fractures and splinters; black head trauma; black stab wounds; black cardiac arrests; black pills; black liquid medicine; black band aids; black chairs; black bandages; black disinfectants; black tourniquets; black flash bulbs; black laundry; black breakfast, lunch and dinner; black stethoscopes, black hopes)
5. Forge your own signature and use it to buy a house.
6. Paint the house red.
7. Paint the house blue.
8. Trace the outline of your heart with a black needle.
9. Swallow the needle.
10. Ask someone who has lived more than you to score you based on your performance.
1. Find a comfortable bed or chair to lie in.
2. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
3. Remember: this game is dependent on
your own willingness to submit to its rules.
4. Focus on the sound of my voice,
…even though I’m not actually talking.
5. Don’t focus on yesterday or tomorrow.
6. Don’t focus on things you tried,
but failed to do.
7. Don’t focus on things you wish you did,
but were too scared to try.
8. Feel your heart getting heavier.
9. Wish for sleep. Eternal sleep.
10. Rest until fully healed.