1. Carve your word into a large boulder.
2. Rock the boulder back and forth until it comes loose.
3. Roll the boulder in front of you wherever you go.
4. Make excuses for the noise.
5. Start wearing gloves.
6. Sleep next to the boulder.
7. Keep rolling the boulder around
until your word can no longer be read on it.
8. Put the boulder back where you found it.
9. Gain XP according to your gained level of experience.
1. Settle on a name.
2. Record yourself saying it
over and over for an hour.
3. Rewind it and play it back
in your bedroom.
4. Go to sleep.
5. Wake up.
6. Rewind it and play it back
in an art gallery.
7. Go to sleep.
8. Wake up.
9. Whisper it the next time you make love.
10. Whisper it the next time you have sex.
1. Duck away from those claws, that,
until just recently,
have always left you alone
to do whatever.
2. Go into a well-lit cave.
3. Sleep next to the fire.
4. Wake up and cover your hands in ashes.
5. Draw a cloud on your chest.
6. Ask the cloud where it’s going.
7a. Wait for an answer.
7b. Turn into a cloud.
2. Keep your hands where I can see them
3. Get down on your knees.
4. Read me your rights (make them up as you go along).
5. Handcuff me and take away all my weapons.
6. Give me a ride to the central station.
7. Pretend you’re a convicted felon they let go
because they liked your smile.
8. Pretend I’m your shadow.
9. Shine a light in my face to make me go away.
10. Listen for further instructions
when you go to sleep.
I’ll make sure you get them despite yourself.
1. Throw your shadow onto a wall
until it falls to pieces.
2. Gather all palm-sized pieces
and use them to soften the light around your apartment.
3. Use the small pieces
to weave curtains with just the right opacity.
4. Decorate your walls with the largest pieces
and imagine what you’ll tell visitors
if they were to ask about them.
5. Grow a shotgun in your closet.
6. Pour oil on it every night
before it goes to sleep.
7. Learn to talk to it
before it’s too late.
8. Don’t say I never told you so.
1. Tell everyone you’re Madonna.
2. See if anyone wants to sleep with you.
3. Score yourself accordingly.
1. Go to bed earlier than usual.
2. Wake up earlier than usual.
3. Eat breakfast faster than usual.
4. Go to work faster than usual.
5. Work harder than usual.
6. Go home happier than usual.
7. Eat better food for dinner than usual.
8. Go to bed at the same time as usual.
9. Never think of these past 24 hours again.
1. Go for a walk in the woods.
2. Bring matches, in case there is a fire.
3. Bring a gun, in case someone is murdered.
4. Bring an egg, in case you find a chicken.
5. Bring a scream, in case I’ve stopped listening.
6. Bring water, in case you find a lake.
7. Bring empty hands, in case you drop something.
8. Bring money, in case you forgot the matches.
9. Bring poetry, in case everyone falls asleep.
10. Never return.
1. Put very tiny kid to bed without hyperventilating.
2. Sing Lua to make the kid fall asleep.
3. Put slightly less tiny kid to bed without hyperventilating.
4. Sing Lua and GMF to make the kid fall asleep.
5. Wait until you’re sure they are asleep.
6(a). Put on headphones and play Super Hexagon until you’re OK again.
6(b). Play the guitar until you’re OK again.
6(c). Do the pillow thing to make the brain thing shut up.
7. Rest until fully healed.
1. Find a comfortable bed or chair to lie in.
2. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
3. Remember: this game is dependent on
your own willingness to submit to its rules.
4. Focus on the sound of my voice,
…even though I’m not actually talking.
5. Don’t focus on yesterday or tomorrow.
6. Don’t focus on things you tried,
but failed to do.
7. Don’t focus on things you wish you did,
but were too scared to try.
8. Feel your heart getting heavier.
9. Wish for sleep. Eternal sleep.
10. Rest until fully healed.