1. Wake Up.
2. Get out.
4. Go out.
5. Burn down.
6. See death.
7. Make dead.
8. Take off your stupid human mask.
9. Rip out.
10. Laugh and laugh and la…
1. Make yourself a pot of strong, black coffee.
2. Drink it as it is, all at once,
burning yourself horribly in the process.
3. Struggle to make the emergency call,
what with a swollen and bleeding tongue and all.
4. Pass out.
Dear god, just pass out.
5. Wake up.
6. Tell your doctor that you feel better.
That you’re not tired any more.
7. Go home and quickly punch every inch
of every wall
at least once.
8. Mark it as a success, whatever ”it” is.
1. Duck away from those claws, that,
until just recently,
have always left you alone
to do whatever.
2. Go into a well-lit cave.
3. Sleep next to the fire.
4. Wake up and cover your hands in ashes.
5. Draw a cloud on your chest.
6. Ask the cloud where it’s going.
7a. Wait for an answer.
7b. Turn into a cloud.
1. There is an old school close to where you grew up.
Connecting to your childhood is important,
so go there whenever you sense a storm coming on.
2. You will need equipment.
Add the following items to your inventory:
a sharp knife,
a blunt smile.
3. You should not do this alone.
There will be people there to help you.
Talk to them in a hushed voice.
4. It’s important that you get some sleep.
Lie down on the cold wooden floor
in one of the classrooms.
5. Though it is indeed dark,
you need to get familiar
with your immediate surroundings.
Reach out with your hand
and see if you can make
the darkness start moving away from you.
6. Whenever you try to remember
remind yourself that there is
a pretty good chance that this is all a dream.
7. One of the aspects most lacking
in contemporary society is,
without a doubt, spirituality.
When you wake up,
go straight to the temple
(the temple is in the gym hall).
8. Though we are alone,
hopelessly trapped in our own bodies,
and in experiences devoid of any genuine meaning whatsoever
to anyone but ourselves,
it is nonetheless paramount to foster
a strong sense of community.
Join the singing
and the dancing
and the screaming
and the shouting
and the chanting
and the crying
and the scrying
and the oohing
and the aahing
and the regular rituals
and the sex rituals
and the blood rituals
and the dinner conversation
and the pillow talk
and the funerals
and the weddings
and the telephone recruitment campaigns
and the political rallies
and the violent protests
and the inevitable schisms
and the splinter groups with dubious motives
and the suicide pacts
and the cowards that bail on the suicide pacts
and the people reading strange games online
and the people playing regular games
as part of their quest to fulfill themselves.
9. A hobby will help you stabilize
your rapidly disintegrating psyche,
thus buying you some time
before the complete and violent collapse
of your social (and, in the end, also your biological) life.
and board games
and role-playing games
and miniatures games
with people you feel are
like you in all things that matter.
10. A flair for the critical evaluation of one’s own efforts
will help build a knowledge of self
that may prove valuable in the workplace.
based on your performance.
1. Stare at the clouds and wait for the tears.
2. Let the light hit you until you fall over.
3. Wake up and smell the ashes.
4. Hold out your hand.
5. Stick your tongue out.
6. Hang your heart out to dry.
7. Scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream.
8. Smile. Always.
1. Go to bed earlier than usual.
2. Wake up earlier than usual.
3. Eat breakfast faster than usual.
4. Go to work faster than usual.
5. Work harder than usual.
6. Go home happier than usual.
7. Eat better food for dinner than usual.
8. Go to bed at the same time as usual.
9. Never think of these past 24 hours again.
1. Make a promise to yourself that you won’t be able to keep.
2. Go looking for a string to pull at.
3. Watch your snow-covered fields,
your comfortable cliffs,
your sleek city wastelands
4. Find a way to escape from wherever you wake up the next day.
5. Repeat the details of your every stolen glimpse or cowardly theft time and time again.
6. Make up for all of it with poetry and bad breath.
7. Throw away your shoes.
8. Tattoo “liar” on the soles of your feet.
9. Whenever you need to go somewhere, walk backwards.
10. Return to square one, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over a n d o v e r a n d o v e r a n d o v e r a n d o v e r a n d o v e r a
n d o v
e r a
n d o